Sunday, January 10, 2010

SEATTLE: Beecher's Handmade Cheese Cheese and Cheese!



Had the luxury of visiting some of my favorite restaurants in Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle and Vegas, a few to list were *ta da*, In and Out Burgers, Beecher's Deli, Tojo's... and all that good stuff!






Let's start with Beecher's.  It's a little deli in Seattle at the Pike Place Market that claims to serve the "World's Best Mac & Cheese".  I, of course have not tried nearly enough Mac & Cheese to agree but what they're serving must be pretty darn close to the best. It's not exactly "Mac", more like penne, still got the same lovin' for it though. Crusted with baked cheese and chili powder on top and Beecher's special sauce mixed with their cheese is absolutely heavenly. It's already-made, so they just scoop it out of the trays and serve it in a bowl. It would probably be more fresh, if only I visited a little earlier in the day, it was good enough for me, the aroma of the cheese was strong; biting through the stringy yet saucy dish must be one of the best feelings in the world. I have yet to try even better Mac & Cheese, please let me know if you know of any!

 
You can even take it home and make it yourself! Of course, being the lazy person that I am, I rather just be served :p


Besides their Mac & Cheese, another favorite of mine, is their grilled cheese sandwiches. It's a simple dish and I do realize the only reason why it's so good here is because a. they make it as you order it, in a panini grill; and b. they're using their own cheese for this sandwich and their cheese are hella good.


If you're in Seattle with a few friends, I recommend you drop by for an afternoon snack and share these two phenomenal dishes.

Beecher's Handmade Cheese, 1600  Pike Place, Seattle, Washington, 98101. 206-956-1964
http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com

Opened 9am - 6pm daily
Average cost for lunch: $4.75-$8.25USD

No comments: