Tuesday, December 2, 2008

VANCOUVER: Brunch @ Feenies

How I miss my regular brunches at Feenies... or my hair appointments at Marcus J (located right beside Feenies). Sometimes would go for the unhealthy choice of Feenies Weenie or the Burger... but for breakfast food, I really like their Salmon Blini.
The yolk is raw on the inside but with a well-done egg-white, so that the egg yolk doesn't break easily. The English muffin is warm and has a crispy crust and I love how the shower the blini with salmon roe. Adds a very interesting texture to the dish. The smoked salmon is fresh, going exquisitely with the Hollandaise sauce. Yumm... my mouth is getting watery just from looking at the picture.

The Roast Beef Rye Sandwich is also one of my favorites for brunch. Toasted rye bread with avocado, tomatoes and lettuce with a side salad greens. Healthy and fresh for a Sunday (hangover) morning. It helps that the Rye bread is so moist.

2 comments:

doby said...

do they serve brunch everyday or just the weekend?? those eggs benedicts (? are they) look amazing! And how come you never ask me out for REGULAR brunch huh? lol :P

Janice said...

They serve brunch just on weekends. They are salmon blini's. I never asked you to go cuz u were too busy for me!