Sunday, December 7, 2008

HONG KONG: Desserts @ Stonegrill

Been to Stonegrill in Vancouver? Well I have a few times and never wanted to go back. A friend of mine brought me to the one in Hong Kong and I didn't have any expectations whatsoever. She told me it was good though, so we went. The ambiance is totally different as the one in Soho, Hong Kong is very classy, very elegant and looks very much like a French restaurant. The food was superb, much tastier than the one in Vancouver. I was impressed by their selection on their menu. What impressed me more was their desserts. The presentation was very exquisite, each artistically put together, didn't even want to touch them when they arrived because they looked so nice.

We ordered the Mille Feulle with mangoes and strawberries and blackberry with chocolate drizzle. The crust was very crispy, and their selection of seasonal fruits made a good combination.

We also ordered the Chocolate tower with iced mango filling. Never realized that chocolate tasted so good with mangoes. The chocolate was rich but the cake was fluffy, evened out perfectly, and I love the presentation of this one, very simple but very detailed.

No comments: