Sunday, November 2, 2008

HONG KONG: Double Star

Double Star Cafe is a chain of restaurants that serves desserts/light meals in Hong Kong. It's cute, however, standards seems to be different at different locations. I went to the one in Admiralty and it was bad... but the one in Tsim Sha Tsui, Harbour City was good.
I went to the Double Star in Harbour City for their tea sets. It wasn't spectacular but it was decent considering the prices were not bad.

I ordered their Honey Latte. The presentation is very nice, very Japanesey. Honey layered the bottom, milk comes in next, then the coffee and of course with lots of foam on top, the way I like it!
We also ordered their Margharita Pizza. The portion was smaller than expected, only 4 small slices. Flavour was decent.

We also ordered a Creme Brulee. Although they did have a nice presentation,
I was not impressed. The candied sugar on top was an inch thick, could hardly bite through the sugar! But then again, Creme Brulee being my favorite dessert, I do have certain standards.
Souffle on the other hand was excellent. The 20 minute wait was well worth it!

No comments: