Thursday, November 13, 2008

OSAKA: Usagi: The rabbit lives!

Usagi Restaurant is located at Kyobashi on the Keihan Line in Osaka. It's not easy to get to but this place is amazing. There is a huge hole in the ground that looks like a 7 storey shopping centre except it's all underground and it's all restaurants! The Usagi Restaurant was just one of them.

Friends took me here, knowing I like to try different Japanese cuisines. This one was more or less like a high-class Izakaya. The dishes they served were all slightly different from the typical.

Japanese Style pizza with Potatoes, olives, tomato sauce, ham and a very crispy thin crust
This was one of the freshest sashimi platter I've had. They're cut into bite sized pieces, just the way I like them.
Prawn Gyozas as they call it. Different from the gyozas we normally have. Very crunchy actually.. to be honest, I like the original gyozas more, the red stringy stuff kinda freaks me out. I pulled them all out.
And this one was my favorite. These little cubes are all sorts of different tofu. Spicy, Black sesame, egg tofu, cheese tofu, etc etc..
And they had a very big selection of desserts. We ordered two and both of them were very Japanesey with a familiar accent of creme brulee and lemon pie (picture at top of page).

No comments: